Monday, March 3, 2008

Rice Krispie Treats - test 1

If you look at my post about my Disney vacation, you'll see the Mickey head Rice Krispie Treats. I was looking through my pantry for something and I noticed I had all the ingredients for rice krispie treats. It was a sign from the sugar fairies or something, to make them, so I did. I was trying to think when was the last time I made this classic treat and I couldn't. But when it came time to spread the mixture into the pan it all came back to me on how I always forget to spray the wax paper. Yup it got stuck to the paper. But next time I'll remember.


They were easy to make, the only problem I came across was I didn't spread the treats thin enough so when it came time to "cut" out the treats it was a little difficult to get the cookie cutter all they was through. I ended up using a knife to cut them out the rest of the way. Mike and I were talking about how I made them and we can't image Disney would make a batch and then cut them out, because there is a decent amount of "waste". We're thinking they some how stuff the cookie cutters with the mixture, but that doesn't make sense either. I think further research will have to be done. Next time I think I'll use the Mickey Head egg/pancake rings that I bought.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails