Monday, March 3, 2008

Mock-Lasanga

I just realized I totally forgot to post about Friday's meat free Lent meal. I didn't really make a new recipe just more experimented with an old one. My mom once told me she saw a cooking show where the host used raviolis to make a "lasagna" instead of the traditional way.

I bought last week at the supermarket spinach and cheese raviolis to make for dinner on Friday. I didn't feel like having just the raviolis and figured I would try to make it into a Mock Lasagna.

Here is the "recipe" I used:

Ingredients
1 (25 ounce)package frozen cheese ravioli
1 (26 1/2 ounce)bottle spaghetti sauce
2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese , shredded

Directions
1) In 9x13-inch dish spread a little bit of sauce at bottom (to prevent sticking).

2) Put on ravioli, as many as will fit without being"tight".

3) Put on more sauce and then cheese.

4) Repeat until all ravioli is gone.

5) Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.

Review: I would make this again just because it was super easy to put together and it was just like eating plain ravioli. What I might do is if I make it during a non Lent day I would buy half meat ravioli and half cheese...or all cheese and use a meat sauce instead of just a plain sauce. Mike like it a lot but then again he loves pasta and loves when it is covered in sauce. I ended up using an 8x8 pan to cook it in because I made the mistake of buying the mini raviolis instead of the standard size...it came out just as nice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails