Monday, March 3, 2008

Kevins weekly dinner - Taco Bake


Hi all, I've said before I was going to try and think of different dishes to make Kevin for those nights he works late so he has something quick to eat for dinner when he gets home. This past week I tried this taco bake. It was so easy to prepare. I think the total time was about 15 mins. He must have like it, I made it for him last friday and by last night, it was all gone =). I have to start timing the meals better so he's got them during the week. The whole point is for him to have dinners all ready for him when he gets home from work. Anyway...here is my taco bake:



Prep Time:15 min
Total Time:35 min


Makes:6 servings, 1 cup each.

1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa



PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, brown meat; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water to meat; simmer 5 min.


STIR sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.


BAKE 15 min. Top with salsa and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

I have to say, this smelled soooooo good when it came out of the oven. I was good and didnt cut into it. You could smell the salsa right away.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails