Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu



This is my moms Chicken Cordon bleu recipe. Its so easy and great to make for company. Its a recipe you can prepare in advance. This picture isnt one I took, my chicken was more then half eaten when I realized I forgot to take a picture of it..lol. Anyway...heres the recipe for my moms Chicken Cordon Bleu:

Boneless chicken breast ( I just lay it in the dish your baking to see how much will fill it- depending on how many your cooking for )
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can/cup of milk ( just fill the soup can with milk ) ( or you can use white wine, or cream of mushroom soup )
1/4 pound of ham
1/4 pound of swiss cheese
( only need a few slices of ham and swiss, just to cover the chicken )
bread crumbs
2-3 tbsp melted butter

Line your baking dish with defrosted chicken breast. Cover with a slice of ham over each piece, then with the swiss cheese.

Mix in a bowl the cream of chicken soup, milk (cr of muchroom, or white wine ) and pour over chicken.

Melt the butter and mix that with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle all over the chicken dish.

( if your preparing this in advance, wait until your ready to bake before putting the bread crumb topping on ).

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins or until chicken is cooked.


This recipe is great with some rice cooked with some chicken flavoring. If your not a rice fan like my boyfriend, you can cook some fetticchini alfredo instead.

This is very simple and the chicken is so moist and flavorful when its done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails