Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's Time to Give Something Up....

It is that time of year again when the Lent season is here and people give some things up. I usually don't do this (since I am Jewish) but my husband (who is Catholic) does give stuff up. His usually things to give up are sweets and soda but this year I decided to give up soda with him. We used to not really drink it at all but over the past few months we have had more then in the past.

This also creates the problem now what do I do for Valentine's Day...and I can't make the fish bisquits that Kath made to watch Lost. Oh well no big deal I will just make something extra special for Easter this year (I can't wait to see what the Daring Bakers Challenge will be that month).

The other part of Lent which I am taking as a challenge is the no meat on Fridays. Sometimes we will make pizza or pasta but I want to get creative with it this year. Do some Indian dishes and find some yummy vegetarian dishes to make. So if anyone has a good recipe out there please let me know!

Here are some recipes from our blog that might help you out for your no meat Friday meals:
Creamless Creamy Tomato Soup (make it with veggie broth instead of chicken)
Tilapia with Garlic Butter
Hoisin Lime Salmon
Hearty Bean and Barley Soup

1 comment:

flannelkris said...

Hi ladies,
I'm a friend of Kathleens. living with my boyfriend and for us Catholics (living in sin!) If you do come up some tasty "no Meat on Fridays" recipes it would be very helpful. A meal with no meat in it is not a meal. I can use all the help I can get!
I'll check in periodically! Have fun with your cooking and I'll just try not to burn down my kitchen!
-Kristen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails