Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mini Crackers

I went to the supermarket yesterday to do my weekly shopping. I am starting to get a little worried about the amount of money I spend each time I go...it just seems to be more and more every trip. I decided that I was going to go to a different one...one that is offering a free Holiday Turkey/Ham/or Kosher chicken with spending X amount of money between now and the end of March...at least I will get something in return for my spending.

This time I actually had a list of stuff I needed because I am trying to do a meal plan each week...thinking that this will cut down on impulse buying. Which it did and didn’t because I found these Mini Premium Crackers from Nabisco…totally addicting to me and my son who between the 2 of us have eaten ½ box in one day. At my usual supermarket I usually don’t even go down the cracker isle but since this is a “new” supermarket for me I must go down every isle. As I have mentioned in the past I just really enjoy going to supermarkets…I know I am weird but it just feels like home.
Well this trip I spent more then I would normally and totally forget to get one of the main ingredients for Friday night's dinner...oops. Also Jacob had a little outburst because I didn't have any quarters for the ride machine car that is parked right outside the exit door. Whoever decided to put those ride on machines near the entrance and exits is smart (because the kids see them) and should be shot (because the kids see them). I thought maybe just sitting in the car would satisfy him...nope not one bit. It was really cold yesterday so after 5 minutes of not being happy just sitting in the car I headed to my car to go home which he then cried for about 10 minutes after we left.

I really need to start my meal planning and better shopping habits. Does anyone subscribe to one of those meal plan websites that emails you a weekly meal plan with shopping list and recipes? I just don't know if it is worth the money to do one of those.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Mich - so funny, I just bought these this past weekend too! I thought it was so cool that they had mini-Saltines!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails