Friday, February 8, 2008

Easy Shepards Pie


I got this recipe from Kraft foods and wow, it was very easy. Kevin ( my boyfriend ) is starting to get really busy at work, and I've decided to make him a different meal each week that he can re heat when he gets home at night. I know how tired he is after a really long day at work and I thought this would help him have nice dinners at night. This shepards pie was delicious. Here is the recipe:

Prep Time:10 min
Total Time:30 min
Makes:Makes 6 servings.

1 lb. ground beef
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup beef gravy

PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Brown meat in large skillet. Meanwhile, mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the garlic until well blended.

DRAIN meat. Return to skillet; stir in vegetables and gravy. Spoon into 9-inch square baking dish; cover with potato mixture and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.

BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.
I left out some of the ingredients ( just didnt think they were nesseccary ), like the Cream Cheese. I also used garlic mashed potato's so I left out the garlic cloves.
I would make this again in a heart beat.

1 comment:

Cakespy said...

Oh man, it is cold and windy and grey in Seattle today--a perfect day for this Shepherds Pie, methinks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails