Bake Rigatoni Cake
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground meat , (beef, pork, or turkey)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Butter, for pan
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt. Add pasta; cook until slightly underdone. Drain, rinse in cold water, and drain.Toss pasta with 1 tablespoon oil to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more. Add tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan.Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end.
My Review: This was really easy to make and was really good. Mike and I had it with a nice a bottle of wine. Definitely something good to make for a family gathering. The sauce makes enough for two cakes. I only made one so I froze the remaining sauce for another time. I told Mike that I was going to make this for him when he goes hunting because it's something you can make ahead of time and then reheat. The only thing that I did differently was I didn't use the tablespoon of oil to cook the meat, oh and I drained the meat after cooking it. Enjoy!