Friday, February 1, 2008

"Lost" Fish Biscuits =)




There is a very funny story to these cookies. Anyone who knows me, knows my brother Eric. Anyone who knows my brother Eric knows he's totally obsessed with the show Lost on ABC. As a joke he asked me to make these Fish biscuits ( fish biscuits are the treats Sawyer got when he was locked in the cage by the 'others ). I jokingly told Eric, if he found me a recipe for 'fish biscuits' I'd try to make them for him to eat while watching the Lost premier last night. It shouldnt have suprised me that he found a website that had a recipe for these wonderful treats. I pretended like I didnt get his email with the recipe, but I had printed it out and Weds night after seeing you girls at Jenns grandfathers wake, I got home at about 9pm and started making my 'fish biscuit' dough ( the recipe said to keep it refridgerated for at least 4 hours ). Thursday I rushed home after work and quickly began prepairing these cute treats. I was in a bit of a hurry, so they didnt come out as good as I'd hope. Not that they didnt taste good, they did, but if I'd had more time I could have made them look a little nicer. The pictures above are of the finished product. My wonderful Fish Biscuits!!! LOL. My brother was hysterical when I walked into his house with these, as I think you can tell from the picture of him above :).
I would highly recommend trying these cookies, they were pretty easy and quite tasty. The recipe I used is as follows:
Citrus sugar cookie dough
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature ( I used margaine )
1 1/4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 1/4 grated tangerine peel or orange peel
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
Once the dough is made, keep it refridgerated at least 4 hours. It has to be chilled to roll out the right way. The cookies should be about 1/2 an inch thick before baking. Look at this womens site below...she tell you alot if you really want to make these.
Here is the website I got all this from:
She's got an awsome site, you can print out templates of the fish and she has the recipe there too. Check it out, its pretty cool.
Enjoy your fish biscuits everyone!!!

1 comment:

Tablebread said...

That's sweet! My family and friends are all Lost addicts too! I wish I had these before. Guess they're going to gave to get surprised next week ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails