Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!

Every Chinese New Year Mike and I love to eat Chinese food either homemade or from a restaurant. When Mike was going to MIT he would frequently buy lunch from one of the trucks that would park on Main Street. How can you not want to buy yummy food at a really good price...I think it was like $3 or $4 for a container of food. Every once in a while I would meet him for lunch and that is where I first got the inspiration to try and make my own Caramelized Pork.

So of course I first searched all my many cookbooks for a recipe and I actually found one that was fast and easy. It is from the Betty Crocker's Cookbook which I bought for Mike when he once mentioned he wanted to learn to cook but didn't know where to start. That desire to learn to cook didn't last long but I got a great cookbook out it.



Caramelized Pork Slices
1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon molasses or maple-flavored syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


1. Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.

2. Cook pork and garlic in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until pork is light brown and no longer pink in center. Drain if necessary.

3. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook until mixture thickens and coats pork.

My review: This is a really easy recipe to make if you don't know what to do about dinner. I have made it with pork and with using chicken. I always like to add whatever vegetables I can find in my frig to make it more of a stir-fry type dinner. Tonight I added broccoli, a red pepper and couple of onions. I also always double the amount for the sauce because my husband loves a lot of sauce with his food.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails