Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hoisin-Lime Salmon (with Asparagus Couscous)


Ok, so just call me a complete slacker. I haven't even looked at the blog since the last time I posted. *hangs head in shame* Well, here I am and I am so impressed by what I've read! I love the recipes and the gadgets to check out and it has re-invorgated me to submit a post. Great job, ladies!

Ok, so my latest super QUICK recipe is by our dear Martha Stewart. (hehe) I went on her website last week looking for a quick pasta salad (I couldn't find the one you made, Kath! maybe you can post it?) and on Martha's site she had a clip from her show on "Kick Off Simple Supper Week". So I thought, let me check it out! Anything to make dinner quicker after work is a welcomed thing!

Here is a link to the video... http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.fc77a0dbc44dd1611e3bf410b5900aa0/?vgnextoid=2ad5ab224190f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=hoisin-lime%20salmon&rsc=ns2006_pic_m1

Here is the recipe (for the salmon)...

Ingredients
Serves 4
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons honey
4 center-cut salmon fillets (6-ounces each), about 1 1/2 inches thick
1/2 lime, plus several wedges for garnish
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Asparagus Couscous
1 scallion, thinly sliced
Nonstick cooking spray

Directions
Preheat broiler with rack set 4 inches away from heat. In a small bowl, stir together hoisin and honey; set aside. Spray a baking sheet or broiler pan with cooking spray. Place salmon on sheet, skin-side down. Squeeze juice of half a lime evenly over salmon; season with salt and pepper. Place under broiler, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and drizzle each fillet with 2 teaspoons hoisin mixture. Return to broiler, and cook until glaze is bubbling and salmon is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Divide couscous evenly among 4 plates. Top each with salmon, and garnish with scallions and lime wedges. Serve immediately.

Here is the recipe (for the couscous)...

Ingredients
Serves 4
1 cup couscous
Zest of 1/2 lime
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon coarse salt
8 ounces asparagus, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the bias

Directions
Place couscous, lime zest, and oil in a medium, heatproof bowl; toss to combine. Set aside.
Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add salt and asparagus; cook for 2 minutes. Pour over couscous, and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand for 5 minutes. Uncover, and fluff couscous with a fork.

My review for this recipe: Excellent taste! Hoisin sauce (commonly part of Chinese food, such as Moo Shu Pork) is easily found in the Asian or International food aisle at your local supermarket. I had it for a pork recipe I used previously. This literally took minutes to make. Put the salmon in the office with the lime juice and as that is cooking, mix together the hoisin sauce and honey. Take the salmon out, brush on the sauce, put it back in and voila! Now, I didn't have the couscous, so this would have perhaps added some time to the recipe, but I did make a salad and even Rachael Ray would have loved this quick and speedy meal! Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails