Friday, July 24, 2009

Sweet & Sour Pork

The other day I had no idea what to make so of course I did what I used to do when I didn't know what to make...stir fry! I was looking for a recipe on sweet and sour sauce just in case I couldn't find a bottle of it in the store to make the Mama oven ribs. I found a few recipes on Allrecipes.com but the one I made was the only one I had all the ingredients for.

Sweet & Sour Pork Stir Fry
allrecipes.com

3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 a package of pepper strips
1/2 a package of frozen broccoli
1 lb of pork loin, cut into strips

DIRECTIONS

  1. Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
  2. Cook the pork in a frying pan, remove and set aside. Put the veggies in the pan and cook until heated through. Add the meat back into the pan and then cover in as much sauce you like. (I used all the sauce because Mike likes things with a lot of sauce). Let it cook for a couple of minutes and serve.
Review: This is a keeper! I really like the flavor but it wasn't what I thought it would be. It sort of reminded me of the flavor Hot & Sour soup has but not spicy hot. Mike liked this better then the caramel pork I make sometimes. I agree with him and would make this recipe instead of that. I have a couple of other Sweet & Sour recipes to try out but this is a good one.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails