Monday, July 6, 2009

Sangria What a Wonderful Drink

One day I was looking at some other food blogs out there and came across a posting on Sangria. With the 4th of July coming it was the perfect time to try and make a new drink instead of the standard stuff. I was also able to get a recipe off of Amazon from one of the Sangria cookbooks out there.

One of the books had three or four recipes but I picked the one that seemed like a simple not fancy recipe. I had this HUGE bottle of wine leftover for some time now and was trying to figure out what to do with it. It actually ended up being more then 1 standard bottle but I just increased everything else accordingly.

Sangria

1 bottle red wine
1/4 cup Cognac
1/4 cup Cointreau
1/4 cup simple syrup
2 oranges, cut into half wheels
2 lemons, cut into half wheels
2 peaches, cut into chunks


Place all into a pitcher and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but more is best. Serve over ice and enjoy!

Review: OH YUMMMY!!! I put this together the night before and had it in the frig for I would say about 18 hours before I served it. I have one of those big containers with the spout on the front and a freeze thing in the middle of it. I didn't fill it all up but it was enough for the three of us that drank it. I sort of felt like I had to much fruit in there but that is something that is easy to adjust the next time...and yes there will be a next time. I actually forgot to take a picture of it in the thing but I took a picture this morning of what was leftover. Which I will enjoy as a little after dinner snack. I might top it with some lemon/lime type soda to dilute it a little bit and it give it some fizz.

I remember when I was young my mom would make it for the summer parties. I remember because Heidi and I always wanted to eat the fruit that was in the jug. Never realized
why we weren't allowed until I got older of course. Also now that I have a little one who wanted to drink this juice and eat the fruit it has come full circle.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails