Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Taco Salad Bowl

Since last night was Cinco de Mayo I always like to make something taco like for dinner. I saw in the recent magazine Kraft sends out a Taco Salad Bowl recipe. I was going to make the exact recipe but decided to just make my usual taco meat and a salad to go with it. I did however make the taco bowl like in the recipe.

Taco Bowl Shell
8" inch tortilla shell
cooking spray
chili powder
foil

Preheat the oven to 450.

Take a sheet of foil and make it into a 3" ball. Put on cookie sheet and drape tortilla shell over the ball. Spray outside with cooking spray and sprinkle with chili powder. Bake in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes until browned.


Review: The shells are really easy to make and really couldn't be any easier. I think I bought a larger size shell because it didn't really create a bowl like I thought (I was thinking about the taco bowls you get at restaurants). The other little issue I had was that the bottom was square so it didn't sit well on my plate. I have seen on the Kraft website a another recipe using smaller shells and putting them in muffin tins.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails