Thursday, May 1, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cake

Someone my husband works with is very kind and generous to us. She have been giving us a bunch of clothes and toys for Jacob. This has been going on for a while now and I feel like it is time to repay her in some way. The best way I know how to do this is by making her something homemade. The first time I did this was during the fall and I made her my very yummy pumpkin bread. This time I had something different in mind...a recipe that I have been wanting to find and make Chocolate Chip Cake.

It was like it was meant to be because on our trip to King Arthur Flour we all bought a bunch of stuff from their store. I have been thinking about getting The Baking Sheet which is a bimonthly, full-sized print newsletter. So while I was there I bought an issue to see if it was something I would be interested in subscribing too. I opened it up and what is the very first recipe on the very first page...Chocolate Chip Cake!!



Review: I didn't change the recipe but I decided instead of making it a cake with a filling in the middle of two layers...I would bake it in my mini loaf pan (and I had some batter leftover to make 7 mini cupcakes). The recipe itself was easy to make and the only ingredient I don't normally have on hand is the sour cream which is a good thing because that is what prevents me from making this more often.

The note from KAF is that they were trying to reproduce Entenmann's filled chocolate chip coffeecake. From the mini cupcake that I tried I think it is so good and so what I was hoping this would be. If I wasn't trying to watch my weight a little bit I would be tempted to run to the store and do a taste test.

Like my husband says...add to the list of things I should make again. If I get invited to a brunch I might make the recipe as is with the filling and all.


Update: I just ate a piece of the chocolate chip cake from one of the mini loafs I made...oh my I am in love with this cake. It was way better then the mini cupcake I had yesterday. The chocolate crumbs on top add another layer of sweetness to it which is awesome! I can't wait to try the original recipe with the filling the next time I make it...and YES there will be a next time!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Those look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll bite - literally!! Please give me the recipe!!! I tried making the chocolate chip pie from the Nestle site - oooh, it didn't turn out at all!!! I've had good luck with recipes from KA Flour.
Thanks!!!

chouxqueen said...

it looks yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails