Thursday, May 8, 2008

I tried to be Top Chef...

I have posted about this before but I love reality TV...especially cooking shows. So last week when I saw Top Chef I wanted to try a couple of the winning recipes. I made the Stir Fry Whole Wheat Noodle Tuesday night for dinner and the Rice Salad with Seared Skirt Steak for dinner last night.

Review: The one thing about cooking recipes from Top Chef is that they give you a great list of ingredients. However, the way the directions in the recipe are written it is a little hard to figure out how to cook the dish...at least for me. The stir fry tasted like something I have made before and because of that I wasn't impressed with it. The Rice Salad on the other hand was simple but the flavor was there. Mike didn't like the dressing that I made to go with the salad (it was a tiny bit strong) but I got an idea of how complex but simple their plates are on the show.

I don't think I would make the stir fry again just because it is something I have made before in the past and no added value for me with this recipe. I might make the rice salad again but use a different dressing. It was a nice side dish to our grilled steak but then again I think Mike would like the two of them separate better then together.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails