Saturday, May 10, 2008

May recipe - Beef Burgers



I couldn't tell you the last time I had a homemade burger. I remember when I was little I use to hate it when my mom would make burgers from scratch. But I found a new respect for the flavors that can enhance the taste and take it to a whole new level. I didn't get crazy with the burgers I made, but I'm willing to practice until I found a recipe I love.



Beef Burger

1/2 lb ground beef
1 small onion grated
a few dashes of worcestershire sauce
salt
pepper

Mix ingredients together, shape into burgers and cook.


I got to use one of my new gadgets for the kitchen/grill. A grill press. It flattens the burgers and helps cook them faster.


My Review: Burgers were easy to make and tasty, but I cooked it a little to well done. Not juicy enough. But I'm going to keep I trying. If anyone has a good recipe, please share!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...I was just the opposite as my Mom's home made burgers were just the best ever! She would bake them and then melt cheese on top...gosh, that brought back a wonderful memory, thanks! :)

Kath said...

I make homemade burgers all the time, I hate the frozen ones. A trick my sister does is to break up a slice of cheese (any kind you like ) into four small pieces and put them in the middle of two smaller patties. You get a pleasant cheesie suprise when you bite into your burger. Everyone loves those when she makes them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails