Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cookie Weekend Bust...but not totally.

Due to the bad weather predicted to hit the Northeast we all decided it wasn't worth it to get stuck or worse this weekend. We did get together for a very yummy dinner and then parted ways. When I went to sleep last night the snow still didn't come but when I woke up it was here and crusted over with some ice.

I didn't get much baking done this weekend but really didn't have too much planned. I already had planned to make my sugar cookies and a cake next weekend. So I decided to make some peanut clusters today for Mike to bring into work with him this week. I also tried a new cookie recipe for Nutella Cookies to bring with me to my in-laws for Christmas (that is if they make it there). I saw the Scotto family make them on the Today Show and wanted to make them as soon as I heard that it was made with Nutella...which I LOVE!!



Nutella Cookies
Scotto Family
36 cookies

INGREDIENTS

• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup Nutella
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 egg

DIRECTIONS
1. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder; set aside.
2. Cream butter, Nutella and sugars; beat in vanilla and egg.
3. Stir in flour mixture, blending well.
4. Put dough into refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until chilled.
5. Shape mixture into ¾-inch balls. Place on greased baking sheets and bake cookies at 375° for about 10 to 12 minutes.

Review: This is a really easy cookie recipe to make and didn't take me much time at all even with the chill time. I made the dough put it in the frig and then made my peanut clusters...rested a little big and then continued with the cookies. The only negative thing I have to say about this recipe was that it left out the chilling part. Luckily I saw them make it live on the show and remembered them mentioning to chill it before you roll them. The dough is really soft and probably would be too sticky to work with if you don't chill the dough. I used my cookie scoop (I love my cookie scoop) and it went really fast!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

If they have Nutella, you can count me in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails