Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Restaurant Review: Aroma Osteria

This past Sunday was my 6 year wedding anniversary. Mike and I always celebrate with going out to dinner but we always like to go to a new restaurant each time. Since we just moved up to the Hudson Valley area we were totally excited to try a restaurant up there. For those of you who don't know the Culinary Institute of America is located in this region...so you know there has to be some really good places to eat up here.

Our first choice was of course to try out one the of restaurants at the CIA but you need to make reservation like 2 months if not more in advance which we didn't do. Mike got some really good recommendation from a sales guy he works with...if he doesn't know a good place then what kind of sales guy is he...you know what I mean.


So we went to Aroma Osteria in Wappingers Falls which was REALLY REALLY good. It is on the pricey side so this is a strictly special occasion place for us. They have an excellent wine list with varying prices. The only thing that I was a little disappointed with was the dessert selection (I always save room for dessert). Overall we would be very happy to go back to this restaurant and can't wait to try another restaurant they own called Il Barilotto which seems a little bit lower key but still looks nice from the website.

I said to Mike the next place we go out for dinner and they have Carpaccio on the menu I am getting it. I love the show Top Chef and they are always making it...so I had to see what it was all about. I had for an appetizer Carpaccio Di Manzo Tartufato which is: Thinly Sliced Rare Beef With Arugula, Parmigiano Reggiano & White Truffle Aiioli. This was my favorite part of the meal.

1 comment:

Lisa K said...

Congratulations on your anny! Great blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails