Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Garden Fresh Tomatoes

When we moved into our house the previous owners had a veggie garden. They didn't plant anything this year because they knew they were moving but my next door neighbor had extra tomato plants and planted them in the veggies garden for us. They are ripe and I have been picking a couple every few days.

So far we enjoyed them in a Tomato and Mozzarella salad, on grilled cheese burgers, and tonight I picked 2 and roasted them.

My inspiration for doing this is because I got my new Everyday Foods mag last week and there is a recipe in there for Garlic-Roasted Tomatoes.

Garlic-Roasted Tomatoes
serves 8
prep time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes


4 large beefsteak tomatoes (about 3 lbs), cored and halved crosswise
2 tablespoons butter, cut into 8 thin slices
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
coarse salt and ground pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Place tomato halves, cut side up, on a large rimmed baking sheet. Dividing evenly, top with butter and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Bake tomatoes until tender, 40 to 45 minutes.

My Review: OH MY GOD!!! Not only did my house smell amazing from the garlic roasting in the oven but the tomatoes actually tasted very yummy. I really don't like raw tomatoes which was one reason I wanted to try this recipe. I told Heidi and Karen if it doesn't taste good at least it made my house smell good. To my surprise it came out great and I enjoyed the taste very much. I can't wait to make this recipe again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails