Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Michelle's August Recipe - Citrus Spritzers

It is the end of August and I need to complete my recipe for this month. Once I saw this recipe in the new Everyday Food magazine I knew I was going to make it.

Citrus Spritzers
serves 8
2 cups fresh orange juice (from 6 oranges), strained
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2-3 lemons), strained
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes), strained
2/3 cup superfine sugar
4 cups seltzer or club soda
1 ounce vodka per serving (optional)
orange, lemon or lime slices, for garnish (optional)

In a large pitcher, combine juices and sugar; stir well to dissolve sugar. When ready to serve, add seltzer; stir gently to combine. Serve over crushed ice; add vodka (if using), and garnish with citrus slices, if desired.

Review: I thought it was good but I didn't do it completely the Martha way...I didn't use fresh OJ and just used what I had in the frig. I also made a mistake and added the seltzer in with the juice and sugar so it wasn't as fizzy as it could have been. I liked the taste of it but next time I would make simple syrup instead of using the superfine sugar and make it a tiny bit sweeter. Also the color of my didn't come out the same color that is in the mag but that could just be because of something else.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails