Friday, February 26, 2010

Valentine's Day Dinner

Sorry for posting my Valentine's Day dinner so late. Mike doesn't really believe in V-day, but I always like to make it special. So I decided to make a few recipes I've been saving for a special occasion. The first one was Baked Shrimp Scampi. I found the recipe in Barefoot Contessa's cookbook Back to Basics, but it can also be found on the Food Network's website as well.

The second and third recipe came from the cook book Mike got me for Christmas. It's a cook book that has over 2,000 authentic Italian recipes. There are a lot of yummy sounding recipes, but I choice the two following recipes to try: One was for Stuffed Mussels

and the second was Lobster with Linguine.


And a special dinner is not complete unless there is dessert. I had made some brownies to bring to work and had some left over. So I decided to make brownie sundaes. SO GOOD!! Just heat up the brownie in the microwave and your favorite scoop of ice cream and top it off with your favorite ice cream topping.

My Choice - Edy's Thin Mint ice cream with chocolate syrup


Mike's Choice - Edy's Samoas ice cream with caramel syrup


Everything came out great. The problem I had was in the recipe for the stuffed mussels it seemed a little incomplete. It had you make a tomato sauce but didn't tell you what to do with it. I think i was suppose to add it to the stuffing, but it still tasted good. Not sure if I would make it again. But I would definitely make the scampi again, even I forgot an ingredient, it still came out really good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails