Thursday, March 5, 2009

Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies

I had a few reason why I wanted to make this month's cookie jar recipe from Everyday Food. One I love peanut butter and haven't had any homemade cookies in a long time. Two my son who just turned three is now able to have peanut stuff...so I wanted to introduce him to the wonderful world of peanut butter cookies. The third reason was it was going to snow on Monday and I though it would be nice to make some cookies.



Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
  • 4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into chunks

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat peanut butter, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until smooth. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
  2. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto two large baking sheets. Bake until golden, 13 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
Review: I think this was a nice and easy recipe to make. The only thing I did differently was I used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of chunks. I thought the taste of these cookies are great and I think I might use chunky peanut butter next time to give a little bit different texture to them. Everyone that had one loved them even my son who couldn't stop eating them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails