Monday, March 30, 2009

New Twist to an Old Ice Cream Cake Recipe

For Kevin's birthday I always make him an ice cream cake since he's not a huge fan of regular cakes. This year I thought I'd do something a bit different...since Kevin loves ice cream sandwiches I thought I'd incorporate them into his cake. I was given this recipe by a friend of the family and it turned out AWESOME!!

I first sprayed my spring form pan with pam cooking spray so the ice cream sandwiches wouldn't stick to the sides. Then I cut each ice cream sandwich in half long way, then in half short way giving me 4 pieces about 3 inches tall by 1 inch wide. Line the whole outer edge of the spring form pan with the small ice cream sandwiches. Then in a seperate mixing bowl, take your chocolate ( or oreo ) pie shell and mush to crumbs. Melt some butter and stir in until it holds together. Using half, press with a fork to the bottom of the spring form pan. Then using the first ice cream of your choice, fill the pan half way. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate crumbs over that then fill with your second choice of ice cream ( I always use vanilla as the top ice cream, that way you can decorate with candles, icing etc. ). Put in freezer to harden.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails