Friday, July 11, 2008

Michelle's July Recipe - Blueberry Heaven Smoothie

I think one of my favorite summer fruits has to be the blueberry. I just can't get enough of them when it is this time of year. They aren't usually around long enough in my house to make it into any type of recipe...except for maybe blueberry pancakes on a Saturday morning. So when they were on sale this past week at the supermarket I bought a couple of pints.

After seeing that Heidi took care of making something unique (BBQ sauce) with them and something standard with them (blueberry muffins). I didn't really know what I wanted to make using the perfectly blue little guys. I found a website totally dedicated to Blueberry recipes and new I would find something there.

From Blueberry-recipes.com

Ingredients:
1 package (12-ounce size) frozen thawed blueberries OR 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1 1/4 cup apple juice
1 cup vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions: In blender combine blueberries, apple juice, ice cream, milk and cinnamon until smooth. Serve immediately. Serves/makes 4

All ingredients in blender (top view) before being mixed together


Blueberry Heaven Smoothie



Review: Overall I really thought the taste of this recipe was Super Yummy! To me it tasted like a liquid form of a blueberry pie or a blueberry crisp which is probably because of the cinnamon added to it. The only negative thing Mike and I both thought about this smoothie was that it wasn't cold enough for us. That is partly my fault because the apple juice was at room temperature since I just bought it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails