Monday, July 7, 2008

Heidi's July Recipe(s)


Mike had an aunt that use to live up in Buffalo that would buy a bushel of corn when they would have family parties. He would say she would make every and any kind of corn dish there was possible. That's how I felt when I bought 3 pints of blueberries. Blueberries were on sale a few weeks ago and I needed 2 cups of blueberries for my July recipe. I didn't realize that 2 cups of blueberries is about 1 pint. So I had 2 pints left. I guess I could have frozen them but I decide to make a few addition things. My intended July recipe was Blueberry BBQ Sauce. Then I knew we were going away for the 4th so I decided to make some Blueberry Muffins to bring for breakfast and the last thing I decide to make was Banana Blueberry Pancakes.

Blueberry BBQ Sauce on Chicken


Blueberry Muffins


Banana Blueberry Pancakes

My Review: All the recipes were easy to make. The bbq sauce was different, but good. I don't know if I would make it again, but it was fun try something out of the ordinary. The blueberry muffins have been on my baking wish list for a while. I was excited that I finally got to make them and the came out great. I received rave reviews. Kathleen's boyfriend told me he couldn't stop eating them. As for the pancakes. I took the banana recipe I make often and just added blueberries to the batter. It was a nice touch. I forgot how much I love blueberry pancakes. The warm gooey blueberries are soooooo good. I'm now keeping an eye out for another sale.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails