Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chicken with Roasted Asparagus in a Goat Cheese Sauce

The class at King Arthur Flour Company was great!! If you ever have a chance to take a class there I highly recommend it. The class size was 16 people so the instructor was able to walk around and help if you needed it. In our case to check to make sure our dough wasn't to sticky before allowing it to rest. We were all excited when we found out that we would be able to take home what we made (see pictures below, in earlier post). So last night for dinner I made the pasta from the class.



Chicken with Roasted Asparagus in a Goat Cheese Sauce



1 bunch of Asparagus
Olive Oil
2 chicken breast, diced
1 garlic clove
Pasta
1/2 cup of pasta water
4 oz Goat Cheese (I used Herb Goat cheese)

1. Preheat oven to 450 and start your water for the pasta.
2. Cut Asparagus and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes.
3.. While asparagus is in the oven heat pan with a little oil and saute the garlic. Add the chicken and cook until done.
4.. Take Asparagus out of the oven and cut into bit size pieces
5. Cook pasta according to directions, Once done reserve a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. In a separate bowl, mix together goat cheese and pasta water. Stir until cheese has melted. Return pasta back to the pot, along with the chicken, asparagus and the "cheese sauce"

Enjoy!




My review: I can't really review the recipe since I made it up, but the pasta I thought tasted just as good as one that came from a box. I had made a little "box" pasta and mixed it in with the "homemade" pasta. You couldn't taste the difference. Now if it wasn't so time consuming I think I would be making it myself all the time. Of course I would first have to get a pasta machine, but I think I would make it again for very special occasions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails