Monday, May 28, 2007

Another Everyday Food Recipe

I am continuing my love with the Everyday Food magazine and made 2 more recipes from the current issue. One recipe was very yummy and came out great. The other one didn't go so well but that isn't because of the recipe...I would say it was user error.

The first recipe was: Mini Turkey Burgers

My Review of the recipe: I followed the recipe as closely as I could...the only thing I changed was I used multi grain bread instead of white because I didn't have any white bread. I think what makes these burgers taste so good is the grated onion. The only thing I would do a little different is maybe add a little more cheese because I didn't really taste it but then again I was really enjoying the onion.


Ingredients
2 slices white sandwich bread (about 1 ounce each)
1 pound (93 percent lean) ground turkey
2 ounces cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 small onion, coarsely grated
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
12 party-size potato rolls
Lettuce, sliced tomatoes, ketchup, and mustard, for serving (optional)



Directions
In a food processor, pulse bread until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a medium bowl; add turkey, cheese, and onion. Season with salt and pepper, and mix gently just until combined. Form twelve 2-inch patties (about 3 tablespoons each).



In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Cook patties until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, and mustard, if desired.


The second recipe I tried was: Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients
2 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds total), peeled and cut into 1/2-by-2-inch sticks
2 tablespoons olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice


Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Divide potatoes between two rimmed baking sheets; toss with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer, without overlapping. Roast, tossing once, until tender and starting to brown, 25 to 30 minutes.

Sprinkle with lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss to coat.

This isn't the first time I have tried to make sweet potato fries or any type of fries in the oven. This is also not the first time I have failed at doing this. I don't know why but they just never come out well for me. Either they come out soggy, burnt, or a combo of both. So I have made it my mission to find a recipe and make good oven fries.

The first recipe I am going to try I saw on the Food Network: Oven Fries

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails