Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dark Chocolate & Mint Chips

I love mint stuff and when I saw the package of dark chocolate and mint morsels that Nestle has out now I had to buy it. I did not know what or when I was going to use them...minor details.

Then I was asked to make my sugar cookies for Thanksgiving which everyone loves. I took out the butter to soften and the day just got away from me. The butter was way too soft to make the sugar cookies and so I decided to use the butter to make the cookie recipe that is on the back of the package.

Mint Chocolate Delights
VeryBestBaking.com
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup Cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 325° F.

COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

FOR MINI MINT CHOCOLATE DELIGHT COOKIES: Prepare dough as above. Drop by well-rounded measuring teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set. Makes about 7 dozen mini cookies.

This is the picture from Nestle's website of the cookie...I forgot to take a picture.

Review: When I opened the bag of chips I was already in love with this cookies. It was just the perfect mint smell to me. Making the cookies was just as easy as making any chocolate chip cookie. I used the small cookie scoop I had for a couple of reason...one my larger scoop broke and two I figured smaller cookies would be better after eating a lot of turkey. It does make a ton using the smaller scoop and I was able to set some aside for our second Turkey dinner with my in-laws. These cookies to me taste just like the girl scout Thin Mint cookies. Which is awesome because if you ever have a craving for them you don't have to wait to order a package from your local girl scout. This is a keeper and I just hope I can find another bag before they disappear...

9 comments:

Kath said...

I made those...they were out of this world!!!! YUMMMMMY!!!!!

Carrie said...

I made these and the husband LOVED them, now I have to try and find the chips again.

Anonymous said...

These were indeed good. I found the batter very sticky and rather hard to work with. I also had to bake them longer than the recipe said but they were tasty in the end.

Heidi said...

I just made these...OMG!! They do taste just like Thin Mints!!!

Anonymous said...

My grocery store no longer carries these chips and the Nestle website doesn't show them. Have they been discontinued? The cookies were wonderful!

Michelle said...

I think the reason you can't find the is because they are/were limited edition chips. I am guessing you might not see them again until next Christmas season.

I have two bags in my freezer and I was going to make these cookies for my wonderful neighbor who plowed us out. That was before we lost power and now I am camped out at my in-laws...

Julie said...

Thank you so much for posting the recipe for the package! I just opened up my chip container to make a batch, and my stupid husband had opened the package to snack and then THROWN IT AWAY! I panicked...but you saved the day!

katie9430 said...

I cant find these anywhere...where do i buy them?!?!?!?!

Michelle said...

I bought mine at Target last year around this time. These chips are a seasonal item and I know all the stores here have their Christmas stuff out. So I would start looking for them and buy a few bags.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails