Sunday, December 20, 2009

December Cookie Recipe: Christmas Logs (aka Dog Turds)


Every year there are a couple of cookies that I make from my childhood cookie making with my mom. This recipe was given to my mom by Karen's mom and was affectionately called Dog Turds (forgive me, if I have already posted this before :). My mom hates to call them that, so I "re-named" them Christmas Logs or Chocolate-covered Logs. I think they came out the best that I have ever made them this year, so wanted to post them on our blog!

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter
1 1/4 c. confectionary sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 c. (Quick) oats
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. chocolate chips
3/4 c. chopped walnuts

Directions:
- Cream butter and sugar together
- Add vanila and combine thoroughly
- Mix flour, oats, and salt together
- Pour dry ingredients into mixer (while on)
- Make sure the bottom of the mixing bowl is clean (meaning everything is mixed together)
- Dough will be crumbly
- Take small or medium size balls of dough and roll into 1.5-2" logs
- Bake at 325 degrees for 27 minutes (on an ungreased cookie sheet or Silpat)
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Dip in melted chocolate chips (or spoon and spread on top of the cookie log) and then dip in chopped walnuts
- Let harden and eat!

Review: Some years these come out dry, and this year, they were perfect! They are great with a cup of coffee, or my preference, a glass of milk. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well... that's interessting but to be honest i have a hard time determining it... I'm wondering what others have to say....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails