Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Oh for the love of Corn...

I have to say one of my favorite things about the summer is fresh corn. Eating it right off the cob it really can't get any better then that...or could it. How about fresh from the garden corn. Last year we tried growing some in our veggie garden. Unfortunately we did not get to eat any because of a squirrel or deer (we aren't really sure which one) eating the whole crop.

It was fun last year watching the corn at least grow that we decided to try it again this year. So far so good but the other day when I went out to check on stuff...someone is starting to eat the corn again. I think because of the extremely wet summer we have had things have not been growing that well. The corn isn't completely grown yet but I decided to pick one...so I can at least try it this time.


I have to say it was OK nothing that exciting...it wasn't as sweet as I was hoping it to be. I am hoping that is because it wasn't completely grown and needs that extra time to get the sweetness going. Maybe if we try it again next year and start a little bit earlier we might have some luck finally. If anything it is at least fun to see corn growing in our garden.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails