Friday, September 11, 2009

Football Food Season

Last night was the first game of this years NFL season. I am not really a huge football fan and used to hate Sundays during this season because it was impossible to get Mike's butt off the couch. When we were first married I used to go food shopping during this time. We lived in an apartment building where our parking wasn't right next to the building. So I used to unload my car and the move it to the parking lot. He wouldn't even come down to help me for like 10 minutes when the games were on....he wouldn't even help me with the laundry for 5 minutes when the games were on. This was the reason I hated Sundays because he wouldn't get off the couch.

Then I started to like Sundays because of the idea of trying to make good football watching food. I usually try to make something special for the first game of the season. Since this years teams were the Pittsburg Steelers and the Tennessee Titans I decided to try and make a food you find in those areas of the country. Then I remembered that I had a package of ribs in my freezer for a long time...I was going to try to make Memphis BBQ or something like it.

I decided to make the ribs in the crockpot because I thought it would be the easiest thing to do. Also since I thought of it in the morning I was hoping that I would have enough time to complete it. You can find a lot of recipes online and they were all really similar...here is the one I made.

Crockpot BBQ ribs

3 lbs country style ribs (that is what I had in the freezer)
16 oz bottle bbq sauce
1 onion, chopped

Broil ribs for 10 minutes, flip over to other size and broil for another 10 minutes.

Put all ingredients in crockpot and turn on high for 2 hours and then switch to low for another 4 hours .

Review: These were very tasty ribs and Mike really enjoyed them. I think it was super easy and you can probably skip the broiling step it make it even easier. I will definaltye make this one again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails