Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Dessert: A blast from the Past

Have you ever ate something that you can't stop thinking about...almost like it haunts you. Well I can remember when I was much younger (maybe when I was 11 or 12) making these treats in summer camp during our "cooking" activity. I just remember really enjoying them and always wanted to make them.

It wasn't something you needed a recipe for because it wasn't something that difficult to forget. I just never really got around to doing it or even thinking about trying to make them (not really sure why). Then one day I was looking on a website for a recipe and found it...it was like it was meant to be. Especially since I had a bag for big marshmallow not being used for anything.

This recipe comes from Relish: they call it Surprise Rolls but I think they should be called something else.

Marshmallow Heaven

Ingredients
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 large marshmallows
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 (8-ounce) can reduced-fat crescent dinner rolls

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 8 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.'
2. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Dip each marshmallow in the melted margarine and roll in the sugar mixture.
3. Separate dough into triangles. Wrap one triangle around each marshmallow and pinch dough together. Place in a muffin tin. If there is any extra margarine, drizzle over top of rolls. Bake 8 to 12 minutes.


Review: Oh my I was in heaven with these marshmallow yummies....oh so good. They are super easy to make and just a great little sweet treat. At first I was worried that they wouldn't work out and explode every where but they puffed up nice and didn't explode. The cinnamon and brown sugar with the melted marshmallow is just so tasty. It was best if you let them cool for a couple of minutes so the marshmallow was still very soft but not totally melted. I think everyone enjoyed them and something I can't wait to make again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails