Monday, February 23, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons....Make Bread!

Yesterday we thought it was going to be a day where you didn't want to go out at all (it turned out to be an ok day). So we planned on cleaning up and just doing things in the house. I figured since we were going to be home all day that it would be a perfect day to bake bread. I also hosted this weeks playgroup at my house and needed a little snack for the mom's.

A few days before Valentines Day on the Baker's Banter blog they had a post on Lemon Love Buns which looked interesting to me. Don't get me wrong I love chocolate for Valentine's Day and I am usually not a big lemon person but lately it just seems so refreshing to me.

Visit the Baker's Banter Blog for a link to the recipe and for step by step pictures of the baking processes. Below are my pictures of the finish buns.

Fresh out of the oven

Close up of one of the "heart" shaped buns

All the buns on the plate ready to be served.

Review: Another success with a KAF recipe!! I didn't have the lemon oil and was sort of scared to use the lemon extract I have...so I used the zest of one lemon. Next time I make these I might increase the amount of zest I use to get a little bit more lemon taste. The lemon taste was there and you definitely smell it when they bake but I would like a little more intense lemon taste. Also I loved the coarse sugar you put on top because it adds a nice crunch to the buns and just a little sweetness. I was reading the reviews on their website and someone said they might make a glaze with lemon juice to put on top which I might try as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the lemony idea. I don't think I've ever had "lemon bread" before.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails