Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!


So we made it!! Yesterday was Mike and I's first wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast the year went. Of course this morning I was little bummed when I woke up because I was playing the where was I a year ago today game....Oh Yeah.... I was on the plane on my way to Hawaii.


Mike was wondering why we were keeping the top layer of our wedding cake. I told him about the tradition about eating it a year later. He's response was, "Why would we want to do that?" I told him, it tradition, just go with it. So I went down to the freezer to get it out to defrost and dumbfounded. It was gone!! I think I might have started talking to myself...I was like who would take our wedding cake....So when I told Mike it was gone, he remember we had to defrost the freezer this past fall and had given it to his mom to hold at her house. We were going over there for dinner so we told her to take it out. We had it for dessert and it wasn't as bad as I thought. But I had a back up plan just in case it wasn't edible. I had recreated the top layer. Our cake wedding cake was filled with cannoli filling and decorated with black dots. So I tried to recreate it. What I did was took a pound cake, cut it in half, filled it with cannoli filling , frosted it and decorated it. I think it came out cute. Of course the real cake was square and the this one was rectangle. Oh well. Happy Anniversary Mike!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails