Thursday, October 25, 2007

Recipe #3 from Current Everyday Food Magazine

Yesterday I went to my parents house to hang out for a little bit and need a quick to put together recipe for dinner. With only really 3 ingredients how could you get any easier then that. I made rice and peas to go along side of it...I was going to make Veggie Fritters but Mike got home late and I was feeling lazy at that point.



Honey-Soy Glazed Chicken
Prep: 5 minutes Total: 40 minutes

Honey, soy sauce, and a splash of water make a simple sticky glaze. Lining the pan with aluminum foil eases after-dinner clean-up.

Ingredients
Serves 4.
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
8 skinless chicken drumsticks (about 3 pounds total)
coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a shallow roasting pan or 9-by-13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil. In a large bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, and 1/3 cup water. Add chicken, and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken and honey mixture to prepared roasting pan.

Bake chicken, basting with juices from edges of pan every 10 minutes, until well browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of drumstick (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve chicken drizzled with pan juices.
Review:
This is a super easy recipe and a great alternative to just plan baked chicken. I would make this again but next time maybe use a little less water. I felt it make it too watery and didn't really glaze the chicken well. I also used breast instead of the drumsticks because that I what I had in the freezer. I would also turn the chicken half way through to coat it a little more then just basting it. The smell in the house was great.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails