Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Dyszler’s Chocolate Chip Muffins

So, most of you (if not all) have probably seen the below recipe from Karen and may have been lucky enough to sample them. This past weekend, we had guests for breakfast (before we headed the the Norwalk Boat Show - great show with tons of boats and I even got to step aboard a $1.3 million yacht!). I made these muffins in the morning and pulled them out of the oven piping hot. WOW! Were they good! (My guests are still talking about them!)

I decided to make mini chocolate chip muffins for our broker open house (our condo officially went on the market this past Saturday!). I mixed mini chocolate chips into the batter and sprinkled the cinnamon sugar on top (instead of the 2 layer approach). Here is what it looked like...

The thing I was really excited by was that I tried a new tactic! If you've made cupcakes or muffins before, you know it's a laborious task to scoop batter into each muffin "hole" (is there a term for this?!) and especially if you have 24+ mini muffins to make! So, I decided to put the batter in a plastic Ziploc baggie and cut a hole out of the corner. (Trust me this was not brain science and I'm sure thousands of others have done this, but...) It was the easiest way to get the batter into the pan and I was done in a quarter of the time it usually takes me! So, I was very excited by this development and hoped that it would also save you ladies some time too!

P.S. The recipe usually makes 6 LARGE muffins, this made 36-39 mini muffins. =)

Ingredients:
Batter
¼ lb. Margarine (1 Stick)
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 cup Sour Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups Flour
½ tsp Baking Soda

Cinnamon Mix
½ cup Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Chocolate Chips 6 ounces (use regular size chips)

Instructions: Cream together margarine and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Add flour and the baking soda. Spoon half the batter into the muffin pans. Sprinkle approximately half of the cinnamon mix on the batter and add chocolate chips. Place the rest of the batter into the pans. Top with the remainder of the cinnamon mix and chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. (Only took 33 minutes in my electric oven.)

Makes 6 large muffins.

TIPS:

When sprinkling the first layer of the cinnamon mix, make sure the mix and chocolate chips do not touch the sides of the pan. This will make the muffins split in half.

Use a cake tester and poke through the center of the muffin to make sure that they are cooked thoroughly.

On the top layer, tap the chocolate chips softly into the batter. This will keep them from rolling off once the muffins rise.

3 comments:

Chef Jeena said...

Hi there you have a great blog,lovely recipes. Feel free to visit my blog too :)

Jeena xx

Click Here For Food Recipes

Michelle said...

wow those sound so good and I want to make them now!

Rasa Malaysia said...

Perhaps I should form a Yaya baking sisterhood to help me master my baking skills. Hehe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails