Thursday, July 12, 2007

Baked Whole Cauliflower

So cauliflower was on sale this week so I bought one. I usually just cut it up and steam it. But I decided I wanted to do something else. So I look for a recipe. I found Baked Whole Cauliflower. It was really good. Here's the recipe

1 head of cauliflower
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
1 pinch of dried oregano

1. Clean cauliflower and trim off leaves and any brown spots. Place whole head of cauliflower into a steamer basket, place the basket in a large pot, and one inch of water. Cover, and bring to a bowl over medium heat. Cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.

2. Preheat the oven to 375. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, melted butter, season with garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Mix well. Place the head of cauliflower into a baking dish, and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.

3. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown

My review of this recipe is that it was really tasty and the presentation of the whole head was nice, but next time i think after steaming it, I might just cut it up and than sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top of it. I would definitely make this again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails