Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chicken Enchiladas


I decided to make my Cinco de Mayo recipe early since had all the ingredients in the house. I have another recipe picked out that might try as well (churros) if I have time.

Chicken Enchiladas

4 skinless chicken breast
1 onion, chopped
1/2 pint sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
8 flour tortillas
1 jar taco sauce
3/4 cup cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. In a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain excess fat, Cube the chicken and return it to the skillet. Add onion, sour cream, cheddar cheese, oregano and pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Stir in salt, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, green pepper and garlic.



3. Roll even amounts of the mixture in the tortillas. Arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with taco sauce and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.



My Review: This recipe was easy to make and tasted great. I did a few things different. I first cut the recipe in half since it was just the two of us. I also shredded the chicken instead of dicing it and used garlic salt instead of a clove of garlic. I would definitely make this again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails