Thursday, April 8, 2010

Apple & Sage Pork Chops

I have been eying this McCormick Recipe Inspiration spice packets for a few weeks now. The idea of pre-measured spices just seems easy and fun to me. I acutally was going to the make something with pork chops and saw they had one for that. They were also on sale this week so it was just meant to be.

Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the final result because I did not eat it right away and before I knew it it was all gone.

Apple & Sage Pork Chops
McCormick

1 tbsp Flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp dried Rubbed Sage
1 tsp dried minced garlic
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp paprika
4 boneless pork chops, 1" thick (about 1 1/4 lbs)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 red apples, thinly sliced
1/2 cup apple juice
1 tbsp brown sugar

Directions:
1. Mix flour, all of the spices and salt in small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with 1 tablespoon of the seasoned flour.

2. Cook pork chops in hot oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet. Add onions; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Add apples; cook and stir 2 minutes.

3. Stir in juice, sugar and remaining seasoned flour until well mixed. Return pork chops to skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until desired doneness.

Review: I really enjoyed this dish and thought it was super yummy! It really did not take much time to make it which is always nice. I made a couple of little mistakes but nothing that really changed the recipe or results. I used bone in pork chops because that is what I had in the house already. I also used all the flour mixture on the pork chops instead of only 1 tablespoon because I misread the directions. I plan on making this again...it is a keeper.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails