Friday, November 21, 2008

KAF Soft Molasses Cookies

For a while now I have been wanted to make some kind of molasses cookies. One reason was because my husband requested them. Another reason was because I bought a jar of molasses thinking I didn't have any in the house...to only find out that I had a jar at least 3/4 full. So I figured this would be a good way to use up some of that molasses. I was also thinking about making a gingerbread house this year for the holidays but with an almost 3 year old boy in the house...it isn't going to happen.
I actually had this recipe bookmarked for a while now but what made me decide to make it was that it was today's post on the King Arthur Flour blog...Bakers' Banter. I was also having company over on Monday for brunch and though this would make a great addition to my other desserts.


Review: This is an easy to make cookie recipe in every way. I also think by using a cookie scoop it makes it all that much easier. I rolled mine in a combination of sugars...course sugar, granulated sugar, both course and granulated and none at all. By far to me the course sugar wins it because it adds a nice crunch to this cookie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails