Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Garden

When we moved into our house last year it had a little veggie garden. Our next door neighbor was kind enough to give us a bunch of tomato plants which gave us very yummy tomatoes. This year we made the garden at least twice it's size and with the help of my neighbors across the street...the Santolfi (a combo of our last names) Garden was born.


One rainy day a couple of months ago we all got together and planted the seeds in little pots. I think about two weeks ago we put them into our garden. We have planted in the garden cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, watermelon, and corn. We also have planted in little pots herbs and some lettuce.

Our old garden






Mike working on the new garden

The new garden complete with plants

The other side of the garden (our tomato plants)

I found a zucchini blossom yesterday!!

I am very excited about having fresh vegetables this summer and have started to think of all different recipes I could make with the products of our labor...stay tuned because of course I will keep you all updated!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails