Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Crock Pot Chicken

Yesterday I ran to the supermarket just for a quick trip to resupply some stuff. Since we have a ton of leftovers from our Father's Day bbq there wasn't a need for a lot. I always look at the meat department for the "Manager's Specials"...it is meat that is going to be very close (like a day away or on the day) from the sell by date. Usually when I buy meat if I don't use it that night I freeze it any way. I have gotten so many things dirt cheap this way and when prices are on the rise it is a good thing.

So yesterday's deal was a whole chicken for $2 plus change it was a deal I couldn't pass up. I already had a recipe in my head and I had everything else at home to make it...I just needed the chicken. I was talking to my neighbor last week who was telling me about a chicken she made in the crock pot that everyone in her family ate. Which isn't an easy task when you have 3 kids who all like something different.

Crock Pot GOOD Chicken
1 chicken whole or cut up into pieces
1 packet of Good Seasoning salad mix, Italian

Directions
Put chicken into crock pot and cover with the salad dressing mix. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.


Review: It was really good and my kind of recipe...dump the stuff into the crock pot and forget about it. I actually added about a cup of water at the beginning but you don't need it at all because the chicken produced a lot of liquid. So next time I am going to try it without the water. I think I read a recipe that used 1/2 of white wine which might be another thing to try. Mike really liked the chicken he said it was even better the the chicken you make in the oven. You didn't really taste the seasonings that much but it smelled great!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails