Monday, September 6, 2010

Easy Appetizer - Olive Puffs

I have to say our Friday night fun nights have generated a lot of experimenting for me with appetizer type recipes. This one came about because I was trying to make Samosas and bought the wrong dough. The recipe calls for phyllo dough and I bought puff pastry.

I had to find something to do with the puff pastry dough because even though I had it in the freezer and it would have kept for a while it was calling my name. The other thing I couldn't get off my mind was that olive appetizer from our anniversary dinner at
Amici's. So my search was on for something to make with olives.

This is the one I found which hopefully would have satisfy my olive craving and a bonus it also would use up my puff pastry dough.

Olive Puffs

allrecipe.com

24 pimento stuffed green olives
1 package puff pastry dough, defrosted

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

2) Cut pastry into strips about 6 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Wrap a belt of pastry around each olive. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.

3) Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

Review: It can't get any easier then 2 ingredients if you ask me. Also I made then a little bit ahead of time, put them in the refrigerator and baked closer to serving time. I recommend you letting them cool off a little bit before serving them. The olives in the were supper hot just out of the oven and once cooled down it was easier to eat. Next time I make these I make splurge and buy the Gorgonzola stuff olives I saw at the supermarket olive bar and use those which might make them more like the olive appetizer I was craving. This one is a keeper!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails